Monday, August 11, 2008

He sure is brave!

I honestly have to say that Gary is the bravest person I know. Why do I think this? Because he is teaching me to play golf! So, he must be brave.
We have been going to the driving range a couple of times a week, and I have gotten to where I hit almost every ball I swing at. And, Gary told me that I no longer look like I am swinging a baseball bat!
SO, after a couple of weeks of going to the driving range and "practicing" hitting a golf ball, Gary decided that it was time to take me golfing. Yesterday we went out to a local golf course around 4:30 to miss most of the traffic. Well..... I think I need to start sleeping at the driving range. I SUCK!!!!! At least I am a big enough person to admit it, but I really suck at golf.
Gary was laughing at me because I was SUPER- DUPER impressed with myself that I hit a ball over the water and didn't hit it into the water. As the day went on, I think I was getting better, but I still suck!
So, if anyone has any "pointers" for me on how to become a better golfer, please share. Gary says that I am improving.... glad he thinks so!

4 comments:

Michael, Karen and Morgan said...

If you hit a ball over the water your first time playing on a course, you're doing pretty well. Just set goals for yourself, you'll do much better the more you play.

Lessen Family said...

I have found the more you drink while you golf, the better you become ;o)

Gary and Lisa Simpson said...

Thank you Kristi! I knew I was doing something wrong!!! LOL We played again this weekend, and I managed to get the ball over all 3 water ways! I was very happy with myself!

Fran said...

Very proud of your golf game, Lisa. I have been told that I have a "natural swing" but I can't hit the ball!!!! My golf days began and ended very early on in our marriage. Hang in there, practice is supposed to help (unless you simply can't hit the ball, lol). Love you all, Aunt Fran