Saturday, November 15, 2008

I got fired!

The first offical week of owning the insulation company is over. Today Gary and I went to insulate an attic, and HE FIRED ME! Can you believe that? How can you fire someone that you are not even paying to work?!?! LOL Guess I don't have to worry about giving up my weekends to work with him! Those bales of insulation are HEAVY!! And it is dusty and dirty. Yuck! And, while we were there, it was sprinkling and spitting snow...so I guess getting fired was a blessing for me! :-)
Things are going REALLY well so far with the company. Since I work in real estate, I think that will help with some of the jobs. In face an old family friend was in my office on Friday, I told him about the company, and Gary is going to shoot an attic for him on Monday. I think I should get at least 25% of the profit from the job. I gotta make money some how!
We have been working on flyers and bus. cards and such all week. He has been getting several calls a day to place bids, so it is looking very good for us. The market is still slow, new construction has pretty much come to a stand still in this area, but is starting to pick back up. He will keep busy with attics for a while, especially with winter so close.
I am so proud of him. And, I can tell that he is enjoying reaping the rewards of his labor. Right now it feels like we are on the go from the time we get up until the time we go to bed, but hopefully we will soon be caught up on paperwork and get use to the extra "work" owning your own company is. Then things will settle down and feel normal.
Hope all are well! And hope to see most of you over Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Lessen Family said...

It still sucks when family fires you! My parent's fired me! Probably all for the best...

Anonymous said...

Well I just got caught up on your lives and
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!
I am so happy for you Gary, and Lisa you really didnt want to work for him.I got fired the first time I tried to use drywall mud and a knife! Not so pretty.
Looking forward to seeing you guys on Thanksgiving.
Love and miss ya all
Micki

Fran said...

Congrats and good luck with the business! And Lisa, consider yourself lucky--being fired is soooo much better than all that hard stuff! Love you both!

Aunt Fran