Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Holidays....

Most of you know we spent Thanksgiving day with my family here at home. Friday we traveled to Decatur to visit Gary's family. It was wonderful to see all his family. Kim out did herself on the food, it was wonderful. It was nice to sit and catch up with so many of his family members. Saturday we headed back to Litchfield and stayed with our friends Rod & Jamie, but we also got to visit with Brian and Lisa for a while. We attended the Litchfield girls basketball game and got to see Micki and her family while we were there.
Sunday Gary raced in the Toys for Tots race. IT WAS COLD! And muddy! I told Gary that was the worst race that I have ever been too. I don't think my feet have thawed out yet! But, Gary and his partner got first in their class! So, that was pretty cool.
The drive home took us over 7 HOURS!!!!! Interstate I-70 was bumper to bumper from St. Louis until we got off in Kingdom City. I thought I was going to climb the walls of the car. Ryan was about as irritated as I was, and bless Gary's heart, he sat there and listened to me bitch and whine the whole way and never once got mad. See why I love him so! He is such a good counter balance to me. The things that drive me crazy, really don't bother him. And the things that drive him crazy usually drive me crazy as well! LOL
Gary was back to work on Monday, and I started decorating for Christmas. I have decided that decorating for Christmas is a pain in the butt. I love Christmas, but getting all that crap out that we store all year long, just to decorate with for a few weeks!?!?! Anyway, the tree is up, the house is decorated, all I have left is putting the lights up outside. I am hoping that Gary will do that. :)
The insulation company is doing well, Gary has several jobs lined up and the phone is ringing more. Pray that it continues! I love it that Gary now enjoys going to work. I know he still has a lot on his mind, but he is doing very well with it. I knew he would, he is really good with people, and above all else, he is honest. He even told one customer that they really didn't need any more insulation in their attic, and the guy had him put more in anyway. Then told Gary that he would have him back in a couple years to add more!
I don't know what our plans are for Christmas yet. Hopefully not spending 7 HOURS on the interstate! But hopefully we will get to visit lots of family! Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, I know we did!

Love to all,
Gary and Lisa

P.S. Did I mention that we were on the interstate for 7 HOURS!!!!

No comments: