Monday, December 29, 2008

Another year has come and gone....

can you believe it? This year has been fun, lots of new adventures in our lives. Lots of big steps! The year started off REALLY bad for me, I woke up at 12:10 on 1/1/08 and was sick with the stomach flu. YUCK! While I was sitting at our back door wrapped up in a blanket with all three dogs sitting with me, trying NOT to get sick, I made my new years resolution. I think this is the first time I have ever kept a resolution. But, I vowed to ALWAYS have Sprite and Chicken noodle soup in the house. And, I did! : )
In February, Gary got his new bike. He was so excited! So was I, but I didn't realize how much other stuff had to go on the bike to make it the way he wanted it! But, I think he got it there. I am so glad he got it, he really enjoys riding!
We finally agreed and bought a new car! I LOVE IT! I think Gary really likes it too, he hated to drive my old car. He says that I finally have a grown up car!
In September we celebrated our 1 year anniversary in Branson with Gary's parents. That was a lot of fun. We rented a condo and were down there for three days. Got to do lots of fun stuff. Not including Starvin Marvins!
The beginning of November we bought the Insulation company. WOW! Things are going well, and I think we learned a lot when we bought it. Gary is very happy to go to work now, but I think he works for a real jerk! LOL Especially since the first time I worked for him he fired me! Things are a little slow right now, but we think most of it is the holidays, building is slow here, but there are still new homes and commercial buildings going up. So, we keep our fingers crossed that he gets the winning bid.
The holidays were great, got to visit both families for Thanksgiving and Christmas, and celebrated Gary's dad's 70th birthday on Sunday.
Seems like all we did this year was buy things! Guess we will have to work on paying them all off next year! We would love to get the shop built at our house next year, so that Gary can bring the insulation rig home at night, instead of leaving it in town where he has the shop now. It would be more secure at our house. So, hopefully we can get that done, if not, there is always 2010!
New Years will be quiet around our house. Gary will be leaving on the 31st to go to Texas with some friends to ride motorcycles. And, I will ringing in the new year with our puppies! Everyone says Gary can't go, because I won't have anyone to kiss at midnight, but I will, I will have my three babies! If we make it to midnight! ; ) It gets to be 10 or so, and my eyes automatically close.
We are looking to 2009 to be a productive year. Hoping that the economic problems start to get solved, and the economy starts to pick up.
We hope that you all had a wonderful holiday season, and wish you all the best in 2009. Always remember the wonderful times of 2008 and look to 2009 as a new beginning. Love to all, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments: